Testing is an important part of creating any application. It gives you the confidence that your application works the way it is meant to. At Glific, we use a react testing library and cypress for manual and end to end testing, to ensure that we create the highest quality code and minimize issues. Today, I will be talking about an end to end testing using Cypress.
What is Cypress?
Cypress is the future web-based front-end testing platform. It aims to solve the obstacles that developers face when testing React and AngularJS-based web applications. It’s a fast, effortless, and reliable tool to test any application running on a browser.
You can read more about Cypress on their website here.
For Glific, we have created a separate repository to manage all test cases and run it using GitHub CI here.
To Set Up:
- git clone email@example.com:glific/cypress-testing.git
- cd cypress-testing
- yarn install
- Copy the contents from cypress.json.example to cypress.json
- Update the cypress.json file with your glific installed settings
If you are running it on localhost make sure both backend and frontend server are running.
- Interactive (With browser)
- yarn run cypress open
- Batch (without opening a browser (headless mode))
- yarn cy:run
Leave a Reply